My Blog List

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tile Coasters


I made several sets of these this Christmas. Not pictured are some zebra printed ones w/initial, and some Christmas wreath with initial too. Just buy a 4x4 tile, (they are only 12 cents each) and some corkboard from Lowes. I got a huge roll of corkboard; it was the only thing I could find. I'm sure you could buy individual squares somewhere but I was in a hurry so I bought the roll and trust me, it will last a lifetime. That's a lotta cork!! Anyway I used beverage napkins for the G coasters Peel the backing off the napkin and glue down with mod podge; it looks like the image was printed on the tile. You can also use tissue paper or scrapbook paper too. The 2nd picture I used tissue paper and painted on a fluer de lis. After that's done, cut the corkboard to fit the back of the tile, glue on, then put another layer of mod podge on top of coaster to seal it and you're all done