My Blog List

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Before and After Kitchen Mirror/Table



I got a wild hair today to paint, which wasn't the best idea since it's pouring down rain. But anyway, I decided the mirror needed to be a chalkboard instead. You can paint right over the mirror glass so I did that. I did about 3 coats of chalkboard paint that I've had here forever. After that dried I covered it w/tape and painted the metal some old Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze that I had leftover. I didn't have any off white spray paint, which is what I wanted to paint the table so I used some oil based semi-gloss paint that was leftover from the last time we painted the kitchen. I used a roller but it still doesn't look its best. I am going to go over it with a can of Krylon as soon as I get some. Now that dark little corner is quite brightened up!