My Blog List

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Before and After Curio



I have been waiting forever for this finished product!! Asked hubby to paint this cherry curio black for me, but he made the comment that he "gets tired of always having to paint stuff around here" which TOTALLY confused me, considering I am the one who paints everything around here. :) But whatever...so I go to prove that I can do the moving of that monsrosity and painting myself. There was a ornate scroll thing on the top of it--on the before pic you can see the holes where it had been. So I put wood filler on, let it dry and sanded that down first. One bruised elbow, sore back and a ruined outfitslater, here is the finised product. It was worth it. I am quite happy, and my dining room is complete....until I convince him to buy me that new dining table. :-)