My Blog List

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Newly Painted Stuff!




I am redoing a couple of rooms in turquoise, red, and silver. With some animal prints mixed in! The first pic of the plant urn, I actually painted it last year but it needed refreshing this year. It was just plain old boring gray, so I sprayed it with Krylon oil rubbed bronze and filled the scroll in with a gold/tan acrylic.

The second picture --I just painted one of the formerly rust colored balls in metallic silver instead of buying a new one. Those little balls are five bucks so figured I could paint one for free! Love the way it turned out. I love metallics right now! I have bought 3 new lamps that are silver or black metallic.


The last photo is of a former lamp base. I took the lamp apart and got rid of the parts, sprayed it white and went back over it with shiny turquoise acrylic. Was first going to use it as a candlestick but like this ball on it. May paint it silver too, or maybe red. We shall see....